Date(s): Aug 17, 2017
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Presented by Adam Szabo of Excelsior Wines
The South American wine industry is booming! In the world’s wine volume production, Argentina ranks 5th and Chile ranks 9th. Argentina is famous for Malbec, but Cabernet Sauvignon grows very well there as well. And Chile produces peppery and earthy Cabernet Sauvignon in a style very similar to Bordeaux. The country also champions a red variety called Carmenere. At this tasting, Adam Szabo will present some very highly-rated and very well-respected wines for us to taste…the kind of wines that just make you want to “select the wines first” and then plan a mouthwatering meal around them! Don’t miss this incredible event and the opportunity to stock your cellars, wine fridge or shelf with some stunning wines!
We will be tasting:
- Marques de Casa Concha Chardonnay – Wine Spectator 90 points, James Suckling 91 points.
- Marques de Casa Concha Carmenere – Wine Spectator 90 points, James Suckling 90 points
- Terrunyo Cabernet Sauvignon – 92 points James Suckling
- Trivento Golden Reserve Malbec – Wine Spectator Rating 88 points
- Trivento Eolo Malbec – This super-premium reserve “Old Vines” Malbec is the pinnacle of the Trivento portfolio of fine wines. Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast rating 90 points.
Tasting is located at the Savvy Cellars, at the intersection of Roswell and Abernathy Roads. Please register online at www.thesavvycellars.com/events/ and let us know you’ll be joining us!
Price: $20 and includes light fare of cheese, bread and charcuterie.