Every day, people battle brain fog—a funny feeling in the head that can be different for everyone, with common symptoms being pressure, slow thinking, confusion, forgetfulness, fatigue or headaches.
If you’re one of the many people who deal with this regularly, you’re not alone. Here are a few tips for turning brain fog into a clear head.
1. Recognize your triggers. Think about what may be causing you to experience brain fog. Do you notice that the following morning after a heavy meal you feel cloudy? Can you tie how you’re feeling to a stressful experience? When you experience brain fog, keep notes on what you did or ate in the previous 24 hours. Eventually, you may discover a common culprit.
2. Get better sleep. This doesn’t necessarily mean you should spend more hours in bed, but aim for improved quality. Improve sleep quality by minimizing electronic use before bedtime, cutting caffeine at least four hours before slumber, and foregoing that midnight snack.
3. Look at your medications. If you’re experiencing brain fog that’s regular but new, think about whether or not you’ve recently started any medications. If so, speak with your doctor about the connection between your prescription and brain fog.
4. Watch your food intake. Foods that contain MSG, aspartame, and even peanuts or dairy may be linked to brain fog if you’re allergic or have food sensitivities.
5. Book a visit with us. If you often get headaches alongside your brain fog, we’re here to help with a gentle, focused adjustment. Contact us today to book your visit!
Health Point Chiropractic & Wellness Center
1720 Mt Vernon Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
T: (678) 580-2485