The MJCCA is putting out a call for volunteers! Atlanta is the Host City for the 2019 JCC Maccabi Games July 28 – August 2, 2019. With more than 1,600 participants, ranging from 12 to 16 years old and competing in a field of 14 sports, the Games will require more than 1,500 volunteers. From administration to athletics – and everything in between – there are opportunities to fit your interest and talent. Whether you volunteer during the week of, or in a role leading up to the event, the time is now to raise your hand. To learn more, visit atlmaccabi2019.org.
All volunteers must be 18-years-old or older as of July 28, 2019 for daytime shifts and 21-years-old or older to volunteer for evening events.
The JCC Maccabi Games® are not an effort of any one group, organization, or program. The Games are a celebration of our entire community, coming together to strengthen our identity, engage volunteers of all ages, and build a foundation for future leadership.
Volunteer training days are to make sure everyone understands the job they signed up for and to establish an understanding of expectations for all volunteers and their position roles and responsibilities. Every volunteer must attend ONE volunteer training session. Remaining dates for training are: Wednesday, July 10: 7 PM-10 PM or Sunday, July 14: 10 AM-1 PM.
Volunteer Jobs Include:
• Arrivals & Departures – Greeters, etc.
• Athletics – Assistant to the Commissioner (Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Table Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Softball)
• Various Volunteer Positions (Dance, Swimming, and Track & Field)
• JCC Cares (Community Service Projects) – Project leaders, chaperones, etc.
• Evening Events (Food Servers, Chaperones, etc.
• Food Service (Set up & serving food for breakfast, lunch, or snacks)
• Hang Time & Hospitality
• Maccabi Central
• Opening Ceremonies (Credential Distributors, Ushers, Athlete Drop-off)
• Security & Safety
• Star Reporter (Content creation during the Games, Social media, video & audio, reporters, writers, editors, on-air personalities, photographers, technical support
• Transportation (Daytime and evening)
If you’re interested in getting involved as a Volunteer, please go to www.atlmaccabi2019.org/signup/ to register as a volunteer.
# # #