Greetings Class of 2020 and parents!
I want to thank you all for your patience and flexibility during this time. I really appreciate it!
Senior regalia (cap & gowns) have been delivered! We are currently organizing the regalia, diplomas, earned honor cords, yearbooks, red envelopes, etc. into bags for seniors to pick up starting next Tuesday, May 26th. Seniors will also be able to drop off their Chromebooks (charger & bag) when they come to pick up their senior regalia bag. This entire process will be a drive through procedure. Seniors and parents, feel free to decorate your cars in celebration as you proceed through the drive through!
Please note we will follow all social distancing guidelines, per the CDC, DCBH, and DCSD. All volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves. We are asking all seniors and/or parents to practice the social distancing guidelines by remaining in their cars during the drop-off and pick-up. There can be no parking on school grounds or stopping to visit with friends or faculty/staff.
Below are the specific details for dropping off Chromebooks and picking up senior regalia bags.
- Seniors and/or their parents may drop off their Chromebook and pick-up their senior regalia bag from 10:00am-4:00pm on Tuesday, May 26th and on Wednesday, May 27th. Only one student per car, please unless you are members of the same family. One senior regalia bag per student will be distributed. No walk-ups will be allowed at this time.
- To help this process run smoothly and to keep traffic moving, please follow the drive through directions. Faculty/staff will help to direct and keep cars moving.
- Write your name and student ID in marker (large and legible) on a piece of paper and display this on your car windshield so our volunteers can identify you.
- Enter DHS campus from Vanderlyn Drive. There will be two lanes separated by cones.
As you drive toward the front of the building:
- If you have a Chromebook to drop off, you can proceed through lane 1. You will drop off your Chromebook at one of the stations outside. Once you drop off your Chromebook, you will turn left towards the gym to pick up your senior regalia bag.
- If you don’t have a Chromebook to drop off, you can proceed through lane 2 and drive pass the front of the building and then turn left towards the gym to pick up your senior regalia bag.
- Please unlock your back door or pop your trunk so our volunteers can place your senior regalia bag in the backseat or trunk of your car.
- After you receive your senior regalia bag, continue to drive forward until you have exited the school parking lot onto Womack Road.
- If you cannot pick up your senior regalia bag on Tuesday or Wednesday, please email Ms. King, my Administrative Assistant at Melanie_King@dekalbschoolsga.org and we will arrange a time for you to drive up later in the week.
Lastly, students are not able to access the building at this time. We will email dates and times for seniors and other students to clean out their lockers and return other materials starting in June.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES TO KEEP EVERYONE HEALTHY AND SAFE.
Congratulations Class of 2020! I love you and I am so proud of you!