The Dunwoody Police Department is now on the ‘Neighbors’ app by Ring! We are the first law enforcement agency in the state of Georgia to join and begin use of the ‘Neighbors’ app by Ring (available via iOS/Android here: https://download.ring.com/dunwoody) to provide the Dunwoody community with real-time local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and the Ring team. “Leveraging today’s technology to help keep our citizens safe is a key focus of our department. Our partnership with Ring and use of the Neighbors app will definitely help in our crime fighting efforts.” said Chief Billy Grogan. Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team, and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. We’re excited to have the Dunwoody Police Department join Neighbors and applaud their leadership in utilizing this free and effective tool to engage residents with up-to-date local crime and safety information while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost.”
How It Works:
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: https://download.ring.com/dunwoodyor by texting ‘Dunwoodypd’ to 555888 from your smartphone. Current Ring app users do not have to download the Neighbors app.
● Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
● Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
● Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement, and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
● View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
● Share text updates, photos, and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
● Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time local crime and safety information. Download the free Neighbors app (iOS/Android), join your neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement, and the Ring team. Download Neighbors (iOS/Android) today to join your digital neighborhood watch.
For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.