Date(s): Mar 16, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
The event will begin with 2017 Chair David Toolan (Oldcastle, Inc.) highlighting the many accomplishments of the Chamber including leading, connecting, and growing before passing the gavel to 2018 Chair Jeanne Landry (Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital). Upon receiving the gavel, Landry will give a forecast of the 2018 year including plans to engage in economic development, foster collaborative leadership and advocate for business prosperity.
Directors whose terms expired at the closure of 2017 will be thanked for their service in helping the organization to strategically advance include:
- Villard S. Bastien Esq, Attorney at Law Offices of Villard Bastien, LLC, Secretary
- Heyward Wescott, Owner of Custom Signs Today, Immediate Past Chair
2018 has brought several new faces to the Board of Directors who will be installed for their respective terms include:
- Tim Cahill, Director of Sales & Marketing at Crowne Plaza Ravinia, Director Term Ending 2018
- Brent Morris, Insurance Broker Consultant at Peachtree Benefit Group, Director Term Ending 2019
- Shavonne Reed, Makreting Manager, Service at Elekta, Director Term Ending 2019
- Charles Shuler, General Manager at Maggiano’s Little Italy, 2018 Director at Large
Blair joined Synovus in August 2016 as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He was previously Corporate Treasurer of SunTrust, where he started in 1998. Blair held a number of positions at SunTrust, including director of the bank?s commercial specialty segment, and chairman and chief executive officer of SunTrust?s Georgia/North Florida region. He also held leadership roles in such areas as corporate strategy, line management, strategic finance, and credit risk management. Blair began his financial services career at Signet Bank in Richmond, Virginia, in 1995.
Other highlights of the event will include excellent networking and a delicious lunch provided by Fogo de Chao.