Date(s): Feb 20, 2018
Time: All Day
Dunwoody Garden Club’s
Card Party, Luncheon, Fashion Show & Silent Auction
You’re invited! Our 41st annual Card Party, Luncheon, Fashion Show & Silent Auction is on Tuesday, February 20th, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, at Dunwoody United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, located at 1548 Mount Vernon Rd.
Tickets are $25 and include a light breakfast with Starbucks coffee and Goldberg’s bagels, a luncheon salad with beverages, Nothing Bundt Cakes desserts, a fashion show by Von Maur at Perimeter Mall, door prizes, and of course, our Silent Auction, with items donated by local businesses, merchants and friends.
You can purchase tickets using this order form, through Bonnie Barton at (770) 639-3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or from any DGC member. All proceeds support our community projects and this event is our only fundraiser for the year.
Deadline for ordering tickets is Monday, February 12, 2018 (we must give the church a headcount for lunch). The event is approaching fast and seating is limited! We hope you’ll attend again this year and as always, bid generously! Put a group together, come and have fun, and help support our community.
If you’re a local merchant or business and would like to donate an item, gift card, or services to our Silent Auction and receive recognition in our program, please contact Betty Dworschak at email@example.com or (770) 713-7103.
The Dunwoody Garden Club is an active and vital force for our community. Dunwoody Garden Club celebrated its 50th year of service in 2017, making ours one of the oldest and most respected civic groups in our community. Our members are as busy as bees—as our ever-growing list of projects and community contributions show:
Dunwoody Garden Club’s Projects
- Brook Run Park. We planted and maintain the entrance garden and butterfly garden at the greenhouse, purchased benches honoring Joyce Amacher and others, and planted hundreds of daffodils along the multi-use trail.
- City of Dunwoody & Dunwoody Police Department. We proudly purchased the new flag and flagpole for our new city offices on Ashford Dunwoody Road.
- Dunwoody Library. We installed and maintain the atrium planter inside and new plantings and wall outside. (Stay tuned for more beautiful plantings at Stage Door Players Theatre!)
- Dunwoody High School. We planted and maintain landscaping around the retention pond.
- Windwood Hollow Park. We planted beautiful azaleas, coneflowers, and of course, more daffodils, our club’s official flower.
- Dunwoody Nature Center. We funded the arbor and where many of our members volunteer as Master Gardeners.
Dunwoody Garden Club’s Community Contributions
- Dunwoody Nature Center
- Dunwoody Preservation Trust’s Cemetery Restoration Fund
- Atlanta Botanical Garden and the State Botanical Garden
- Atlanta Audubon Society
- Oakland Cemetery
- Dunwoody Police & I Care Atlanta’s Christmas for Kids
- DeKalb Master Gardeners
Thank you! We hope you can join us again this year. All of us at the Dunwoody Garden Club appreciate your support and we look forward to seeing you at this fun event—and when we’re out and about gardening!
The Dunwoody Garden Club
We Dig Dunwoody!