by Lauren Townsend for The Aha! Connection
Living with a teen/preteen girl is fun…I mean fun like living with a live grenade. I could get whiplash trying to keep up with what she and her friends think is nice and what’s so cringe. Here is a list approved by my preteen and at least one of her friends with manners.
- Weighted throw. This one is pretty light and the material is super soft in addition to not trapping heat. “It’s like a warm hug.”
- Squishmallow. Everyone likes these things. Some people collect them? As someone who collected beanie babies, I guess I can’t judge. At least these things are fun to snuggle.
- Dog Button. If she has TikTok, she has probably seen these buttons that people use to train their dogs. I have no idea if it works, but I bet it will keep her busy trying.
- Games of Phones. I mean, if she’s going to be on her phone, she may as well be having some good, clean fun.
- Harry Styles Air Freshener. Girls like Harry Styles.
- Toiletry Bag. It is entirely possible that kids will be able to continue to travel on spring break, mission trips and summer camp (fingers crossed). This toiletry bag is the perfect size, comes in plenty of designs and can hold pretty much anything they need for a week.
- Lipgloss. I think this is more of a lip balm, because it’s not sticky and the color is subtle. I love that it has SPF too.
- Fujimax Printer. It’s not cheap and neither is whatever it prints on, but the results are super cute. Seeing pictures posted in her locker and on her camp bunk will make it worth it.
- Whipped Face Soap. Another TikTok find. This takes regular gel face cleanser and turns it into a light, foamy cloud.
- Dainty Cross Necklace. It’s no secret I love local jewelry designer Cameron McIntosh’s designs. Everything is affordable and stylish and these crosses make the perfect gift or stocking stuffer.
If you make a purchase using the Amazon links included, we may earn a small commission.