Dunwoody Police Department has partnered with Nixle to implement its Community Notification System to alert residents in real-time for localized emergency situations and relevant community advisories.
Our agency will create and publish messages through the Nixle system. Nixle will then deliver this information to you instantly through text, email and web message. Notifications can also be accessed online at Nixle’s website at www.nixle.com
Example messages may include:
- A person with Alzheimer’s disease walks away from their home. The Nixle alert can include a picture of the child or adult with a map identifying the area in which they were last seen.
- A public safety emergency requires people to stay in or remain away from their homes. A Nixle message can let residents with a registered address in the affected area know what is happening, allowing residents to take a proactive role in their own safety.
- A serious injury or fatal crash in which traffic investigators close down the intersection for several hours during the morning commute. This situation might warrant a notification to subscribers who live or work in the area to select an alternative route.
- Other use cases:
- Large-scale public works projects
- Traffic mitigation
- Community events such as parades, picnics or fundraisers
- Utility outages
- Boil water orders
The service is secure, reliable and easy to use. You decide what information you want to receive and whether you want it sent to your cell phone, email or simply over the web.
As a Dunwoody resident, there are simple ways to register:
- Text your ZIPCODE to 888777 form your mobile phone
- Go to https://local.nixle.com/dunwoody-police-department/and sign up
Once registered, residents will receive a confirmation text to their mobile devise. Residents may also customize their alert settings by going to www.nixle.com and creating a User Profile.
All Alerts will be targeted geographically, allowing residents to receive localized, relevant alerts from Dunwoody Police Department.
If you have any questions about the Nixle Alert System, please email Community Outreach Officer Anwar Sillah at firstname.lastname@example.org.