Prime mosquito season is fast-approaching and it is important for Aha! readers to be aware and to know how to protect themselves from these potentially dangerous insects. Given the health risks like Zika that are increasing in our country, it’s important to remain vigilant in mosquito prevention techniques, which include eliminating breeding grounds around the yard, understanding these pests’ behaviors, and correctly applying insect repellent.
Currently Bug Busters, Inc. is offering all Aha! readers preferred pricing of $50 per mosquito service every three weeks. To learn more about our services please contact us at 770-517-0200.
To prevent the health risks that can potentially accompany an already-pesky mosquito bite, be sure to follow these mosquito prevention tips from Bug Busters, Inc:
When spending time outdoors, apply an insect repellant containing at least 20% DEET, picaridin or oil of lemon-eucalyptus, and reapply as directed on the label. People who are spending long amounts of time outdoors should also consider wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts and closed-toe shoes to limit exposure to mosquitoes. The main type of mosquito that carries Zika is a daytime biter, so taking preventive measures at all times of the day is crucial.
- Anyone traveling outside of the United States should be aware of travel advisories currently in effect. Pack plenty of insect repellant and protective clothing. If a person falls ill upon returning home, seek prompt medical attention.
- Mosquitoes need only about a half an inch of water to breed, so homeowners should eliminate areas of standing water such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects.
- Even children’s toys like buckets and sandboxes can collect water and become a breeding ground for mosquitoes right in the backyard, so be sure to keep these objects water-free.
- If there are concerns about mosquito activity on your property contact Bug Busters, Inc. for a free inspection and/or service recommendation, 770-517-0200 or BugBustersUSA.com.
- Currently Bug Busters, Inc. is offering all Aha! readers preferred pricing of $50 per mosquito service every three weeks. To learn more about our services please contact us at 770-517-0200.