- Be sure to drink a lot of water. A good guideline is at least 64 ounces a day, more if you’re working out.
- Eat slowly to slim down. Take your time and enjoy your meal, it will cause you to eat less.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
- Eat plenty of protein. It is a critical nutrient when it comes to building and repairing muscles. Have it in the morning (when the body’s protein stores are most zapped) and after working out to give muscles the TLC they need. Lean proteins are best (chicken, turkey, fish, beans).
- Be aware of your posture. When sitting, keep the computer screen (or anything else you’re looking at) at eye-level feet flat on the floor, and back straight.
- Choose the right cooking oil. Most plant-based oils are good for cooking at high heats, but olive oil offers the best flavor and nutritional benefits. Choose canola when pinching pennies or coconut oil for frying.
- Up the Ante with a Cup of Joe. Functioning before 9 a.m. might be nearly impossible without a little caffeine jolt, but coffee can do more than just get you going first thing in the morning, it can also rev the body’s metabolism by as much as 10 percent throughout the day. But avoid fancier coffee drinks, which may pack on more calories than they burn.
- Give your muscles a break. It’s essential to allow some time for muscles to recover after a workout. To speed recovery, try stretching and eating plenty of protein after your workout.
- Hit the gym to get more Zzz’s. Research suggests daytime sweat sessions could make hitting the sheets at night even easier.
- Choose the best from the bar.
- Diet tonic with a lime. If that isn’t realistic….
- Best Beer: Michelob Ultra has fewer calories and carbs than most competitors, and it’s one of the best for alcohol content per calorie
- Best Liquor: Vodka and whiskey are the most budget-friendly options, and better for the waistline when ordered neat or on the rocks.
- Best Wine: White Zinfandel has slightly fewer calories, but Champagne takes the win at about 85 calories per glass.
Bring a friend and try out one of our many morning classes for FREE & burn up to 1000 calories!
ufcgym.com/perimeter 4745 Ashford Dunwoody Rd 404.445.8324