Congratulations to the Dunwoody Wildcat Cross Country Teams for outstanding races at the Region 7-AAAAAAA Championships. Yes – count them 7 A’s – A new region and a new classification. To say the Wildcats were underdogs (or would that be undercats?) would be a total understatement. But the team was ready and willing to accept the challenge of the competition.… Read More »
Most Recent Articles:
- Mega Awesome Costume Party on the Lawn
- If you think you are supposed to vote at Dunwoody High School- think again
- Volunteers invited to join virtual community cleanup
- Free Passes to see Kevin Costner/Diane Lane new movie in your own home!
- Edison Prep Parent/Student Info Session
- Advice from Financial Innovations
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- Blue Martini Lounge Set To Open Its Newest Location In Atlanta
- Dunwoody United Winter Team Tryouts (Basketball)
- Goodbye Galla’s Pizza Perimeter :(
- What Is Daylight Saving Time?
- Dunwoody grants $400,000 through the Vulnerable Population Program
- Travel Tuesday with Danielle ~ CommonPass, Road Trip Ideas, RV Podcast & Flight Deals!
- A Halloween playlist just for you!
- MJCCA Membership Sale: Free month + Free program = $450 in savings!
- Go take a hike!
- CDC’s Recommended Steps to take for trick-or-treating
- A Halloween Mystery at Red’s Beer Garden
- Wine, Dine, and Tequila Time at TWO urban licks
- Dogs of Dunwoody 2021- Calendars on Sale Now!
- Celebrate Halloween at Dantanna’s Buckhead
- Late Night Fright Happy Hour at Kona Grill
- DHS XC Girls Race to State!
This Saturday, October 31st, toast to the spirits of Halloween! Spend the night with some friends, boos, and live music at Kona Grill. Enjoy late-night happy hour from 9 p.m. until 11 p.m. with a live DJ, extra boosy drink, and food specials from $3 to $9 including $3 Fish Tacos; $6 Kona Sliders, $9 Chicken & Shrimp Lettuce Wraps; $6 select wines; $9 specialty cocktails, and much more.… Read More »
Calling all hungry ghouls, Dantanna’s Halloween menu has arrived. Embrace the season with some deliciously scary dishes created by Executive Chef Brad Parker, including “It’s the Great Pumpkin” Bisque, a roasted pumpkin cream bisque with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and a garnished gourd with toasted pumpkin seeds. Revelers can also turn up the heat with the “Hallowings” Buffalo Wings, all tricked out with a choice of hellishly hot pepper sauce (Ghost: 1 mill SHU, Scorpion: 1.2 mill SHU, Reaper: 2.2 mill SHU, or Jalapeño: 8,000 SHU).… Read More »
Thank you to everyone who submitted pictures to be included in the 2021 Dogs of Dunwoody Calendar! We have 150 calendars to sell, and 100% of the proceeds go towards gifts for children at CHOA over the holidays!
I have included the link to purchase. You have the option of local pickup in Dunwoody, or pay an extra $5 to have it delivered.… Read More »
It’s wine time and some tequila at TWO urban licks! On Thursday, October 29, 2020, wine enthusiasts and tequila connoisseurs are invited to gather and unwind at TWO urban licks. Guests can sip, swirl, and taste the current wine releases from Steve Reynold of Reynolds Family Winery along with Penta, a new ultra-premium tequila. From 6 p.m.… Read More »
Halloween is creeping up early this year at Red’s Beer Garden. Located in Grant Park, Red’s is serving up an extra spooky mystery draft beer. Each beer purchase gets one guess in Red’s mystery beer guessing jar. The haunting details are all entries must include the actual name and brewery of the mystery beer for guesses to be accepted.… Read More »
Wear a mask
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask.
Let’s talk about the best part of fall. It’s not “pumpkin spice” or haunted houses. It’s not scarecrows or bulky sweaters….it’s hiking!
There is nothing better than hiking in fall. The leaves are right, the weather is right. It’s perfect.
My “must-do” fall hikes in (and beyond) Georgia?
Preferred Membership Benefits Include:
- Fitness Center
- Les Mills Exercise Classes
- Tennis & Basketball Courts
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Reduced Fees on Selected Programming **
- Ability to Register for Camp Barney Medintz, MJCCA Day Camps, Preschool, and Club J with Returning Families
Health and safety is our top priority at the MJCCA and our protocols are strictly enforced.… Read More »
Double, double, toil and trouble, whether you fly by broom or float in a bubble, we’ve created a Halloween playlist just for you! With Broadway’s most bewitching tunes, this playlist will get you in the spooky spirit of Halloween! A Spotify account is required – it’s free! Courtesy of Broadway Atlanta!
by Danielle Garrett of PlanIt Itineraries for The Aha! Connection
Could a new App be the future of international travel? Click here to read about the CommonPass. It sounds like we will see this App rolled out more broadly by Nov/Dec.
Dunwoody, GA – October 27, 2020 – With a unanimous vote last night, the Dunwoody City Council approved $400,000 in CARES Act funding for the city’s Vulnerable Population Program, which provides grants to local not-for-profit organizations serving people impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.… Read More »
Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of moving the clocks forward one hour from Standard Time during the summer months, and changing them back again in the fall. The general idea is that this allows us all to make better use of natural daylight. However, DST has many detractors—and rightfully so.… Read More »
Dunwoody United Winter Team Tryouts
Tuesday December 1st ages 12,13
Wednesday December 2nd ages 14,15
Times to be announced
At MJCC 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody
All players must register to tryout
Registration opens November 1st
www.dunwoodyunitedbasketball.com… Read More »