Please join us in observing the great legacy of MLK with a morning of volunteer work in Dunwoody Park. We welcome your help with a variety of projects like invasive removal, trail upkeep and overall beautification efforts. Please be sure to RSVP and note your organization to allow us to plan appropriately for the number of volunteers. … Read More »
Most Recent Articles:
- Atlanta Academy – Open House on January 25
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School – Open House on January 25 & 26!
- Register Now for Spring Sports at the MJCCA!
- MJCCA Preschools – Registration Now Open!
- Last Week to Register for Youth Baseball & Softball
- DivorceCare – Open to all!
- Wesleyan School Honors Coxhead, Delk, and Stafford As 2020 Inductees to Wesleyan School Athletics Circle of Honor
- Austin Redistricting Plan
- DeKalb County Schools – E-Splost V – GO Bonds – Revisit of Priority Options
- Atlanta Specialized Care (Ask Tatiana) has a new Dunwoody Village Office!
- Christian Ladies Brunch ~ “Testimony of Love” with Tom and Claire Stanfill
- Family Sweetheart Dance
- Help Dunwoody Team Win Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Students of the Year Campaign
- Contact Rent-A-Teen Today ~
- Recent highlights from Lunch with Lauren: GS Cookie Recipes, Nai Thai, Dim Sum and Creamy Coconut Chocolate Pops!
- CAC Opens Dunwoody Office, Grand Opening Event Feb. 28
- Get Your Taxes Done Free at CAC! Tax Prepare Volunteers Needed – Free Training!
- MLK Jr. Day of Service at Brook Run Park
- Emergency Need for Blood Donors
- Found VW Key Fob at Brookrun
- MLK Volunteer Day at the Dunwoody Nature Center
The current shortage is related to an increase in need at area hospitals and a decrease in donations throughout the holiday season. January is always a difficult time of year; however, this year has been significantly worse, affecting blood centers across the country.… Read More »
Meet in Brook Run on Monday, Jan. 20 at 8:30 for coffee and donuts before work begins at 9 a.m. This is a FREE event for all ages to give back to the community. Working in partnership with the Dunwoody Atlanta chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc., the city will host projects including tree planting, park beautification and daffodil planting at Brook Run Park, as well as projects at Dunwoody Place Personal Care Home, the Dunwoody Nature Center and the Spruill Center for the Arts.… Read More »
Community Assistance Center (CAC) offers free tax return preparation and filing to moderate-to-low income households. The service is available to any household in the Atlanta area earning up to $55,000 in 2019. Meet with our team of trained and certified volunteer tax preparers available through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. CAC VITA volunteers ensure the use of all eligible tax credits for maximum refunds and proper filing with Uncle Sam!… Read More »
The Community Assistance Center’s new branch office in Dunwoody is open! Join us for a grand opening event on Friday, February 28 at 9 a.m. with Dunwoody Mayor Lynn Deutsch. CAC’s Dunwoody office is located at 5 Dunwoody Park South, Building 5, Suite 113, Dunwoody GA 30338. The office offers access to families who live in that area, particularly those with no car, to CAC services.… Read More »
Recent highlights from Lunch with Lauren: GS Cookie Recipes, Nai Thai, Dim Sum and Creamy Coconut Chocolate Pops!
Recent excerpts from our Lunch with Lauren Facebook Group:
Girl Scout cookie season is upon us. Here are some fun recipes for those parents who get stuck helping their scouts “meet their goals.” 😋 But also maybe a fun way to spend time. Here’s a plug for my scout and feel free to drop yours in the comments.… Read More »
Note from Jackson: Contact us for any of the jobs below and please note we can also find a teen to help you move boxes, set up outdoor decorations, pressure wash your screened porch, babysit while you work, cut your grass, cart your kids to camps or practices, pet sit for your vacation and more! We have a crew of students available to help you!… Read More »
Leukemia is the #1 cancer killer of children. Every 3 minutes a patient is diagnosed with blood cancer.
High school students in Atlanta are working to raise awareness and funds for research by participating in the Students of the Year campaign. This year there are 35 teams competing. Dunwoody High School Juniors Grace Moussouri, Ryan McCaffrey and Landis Magum are captains of TEAM CUREageous.… Read More »
Please join us for a Family Sweetheart Dance at Chamblee First United Methodist Church!
Friday, February 7th
Please click here to register:
The Girl Scouts are also selling flowers for this event ahead of time and those can be purchased here:
(you will pick them up at the church on the night of the event)… Read More »
Chamblee First UMC
“Testimony of Love” with Tom and Claire Stanfill
10:00 AM – 12 Noon
Dunwoody Country ClubLove. Unconditionally. Trusting God always.
Tom, co-founder and CEO of ASLAN training, guides people toward living, selling and serving more effectively. Claire — a native Atlantan, former abstinence teacher and small group leader — is passionate about encouraging young women through life’s ages and stages, especially the high calling of motherhood.… Read More »
Interim DeKalb County Schools Superintendent Tyson recommended removing 8 projects from eSPLOST V, including the additions for Dunwoody High, Chamblee High and Peachtree Middle. She is also recommending no GO Bond and a comprehensive plan for optimizing facility use. See the links below for the details presented at last night’s BOE meeting.
- E-Splost V Budget Revision Plan
- E-Splost V Handout 2 ‐ Reference Tables for E‐SPLOST V Projects
- E-Splost V Handout 1 ‐ E‐SPLOST V Budgets and Estimates
Wesleyan School Honors Coxhead, Delk, and Stafford As 2020 Inductees to Wesleyan School Athletics Circle of Honor
On Friday, January 10, Wesleyan School inducted the 2020 class to the Wesleyan School Athletics Circle of Honor. This year’s inductees were Cort Coxhead, Wesleyan class of 2014; Rhett Delk, Wesleyan Class of 2014; and Kelly Hall Stafford, Wesleyan class of 2007.
While at Wesleyan, Cort Coxhead was a member of the soccer, basketball, cross country, and swim and dive teams.… Read More »
Jennifer Laing Copeland