#1: HIDE THE CHOCOLATE FROM YOUR PETS (AND KIDS)
Chocolate is toxic to your pets—symptoms can range from vomiting to severe cardiac arrhythmias—so make sure it’s out of reach.
#2: XYLITOL: GOOD FOR OUR TEETH, BAD FOR OUR PETS
Check your sugar-free candy and gum for this deadly ingredient—any level of ingestion requires a vet visit.
#3: PUMPKIN SEASON IS FOR PETS TOO
Feeding your pet canned pumpkin a couple times a day can actually help with GI tract and anal gland health—so keep the pumpkin coming.
#4: HIGH-FAT FOODS CAN PUT YOUR PET IN THE E.R.
Halloween goodies are often high in fat, but ingestion of these foods can cause pancreatitis—a condition that ranges from vet visit all the way to an expensive stay in the E.R.
Ask.Vet is answering questions all night on Halloween to keep pets safe. For $99 a year, it helps pet owners save thousands of dollars in unnecessary vet expenses by determining if their concerns actually merit a vet visit (80% don’t).