- 8 oz. mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Set aside.
- Assemble skewers: Layer a cherry tomato, basil leaf, marinated mozzarella ball, and another cherry tomato. Place on your serving platter. (I only put one tomato on each skewer because it seemed to fit better on my toothpicks)
- Make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan or skillet, bring balsamic vinegar to a low simmer. Let thicken until syrupy, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze and serve.