by Audra H. Anders for The Aha! Connection
When I was a Gayfer Girl at Auburn Mall in high school, someone must have shown me how to apply makeup. Surely they did…however, my Dad always said I wore too much though, so maybe not? Anyway, now that I’m older and have wrinkles and freckles I have decided it is time to figure out how someone my age can improve their appearance with cosmetics. When Angela Kaupe from Angela Michael Skincare and Spa offered to teach me how, I jumped at the chance! After all she applies make-up for brides and bridesmaids regularly.
Angela asked me to come in with a clean and moisturized face. At home, I washed my face with Burt’s Bees face wash, then applied Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum and then finally my Yonka moisturizer. I walked into Angela’s spa, took a goofy “before” selfie and then sat down for Angela to try and make me look 30. I brought in all the make-up I own so she could show me how to use it and then she added in a few products for me to purchase if I liked the look.
Check out the time lapse video below….and no, I can’t believe I’m letting everyone see me without makeup.
Following are a few of the tips from Angela I learned during our session plus a list of products I purchased from her to add to my sparse collection of make-up at home.
- Always get your skin ready for make-up by washing and moisturizing first.
- Add pressed powder on entire eyelid and under brow before applying eye-shadow because it helps your eye shadow last longer.
- Use lip liner on the entire surface of your lips to help your lipstick last longer.
- Always use waterproof mascara when going to a special event.
- If you have dry skin you should exfoliate the day before any big event to help prep for your make-up.
- If you have red eyeballs, use Bauch + Lomb Lumify to whiten them!
These are the steps in which she applied various products to my face:
- Pressed Powder
- Yes, I let her put fake lashes on me….it was weird but definitely made them look fuller!
- Base eye-shadow
- Crease eye-shadow
- Eyeliner on top and bottom lashes
- Lip liner
- Lip gloss
I ending up buying blush, pressed powder, lip liner and lip gloss from her. All of these products are available at Angela Michael Skincare & Spa.
by Peggy Smith for The Aha! Connection
I recently had the opportunity to take my 12-year old daughter Ella to Angela Michael Skincare & Spa for a teen facial … called the “Teen Clean”. Ella was thrilled to visit a day spa and be pampered with her first facial. She raved about how clean her skin felt afterwards. She was glowing and felt confident – a win for a preteen! It also gave us the opportunity to do something together on a Saturday afternoon as I got a “Yonka Hydrating Facial” at the same time. My facial was luxurious and relaxing. In addition to my hour-long facial, I also added a Brow wax. I highly recommend a facial at Angela Michael for yourself but also for your teen.