I was blessed to spend about 24 hours at Lake Burton with 6 wonderful girlfriends on a rainy day this week. On the ride up, I mentioned to the two gals riding with me that one thing I love about girlfriend getaways is all of the tips and advice that I come away with. They looked at me kind of weirdly. But, about an hour into our trip they were egging me on to start taking notes because we discovered a fabulous wine from one friend and didn’t want to forget!
All six of my friends gave me permission to share our Girlfriend Getaway finds but….the girlfriends themselves remain anonymous! So here goes……
- Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy-(Our Aha! Style Editor was on this trip and highly recommended the two Kopari products!)
- Kopari Coconut Rose Facial Toner Travel Size
- Tinkle Eyebrow Razor Pack of 6 (for those pesky rogue facial hairs)
- Vanishing Edge Panties by Soma (these are apparently miraculous)
- Cooling Mattress Topper (Our teen and college boys love these and apparently they work wonders for menopausal night sweats)
- Wondershade Ultimate, Portable Sun Shade (for the out door travel sport moms)
- Snuggle Liquid Fabric Softener Blue Sparkle (put in every single load of wash and/or mixed with water for a better Febreze type product)
- Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless Steel (One friend uses this daily and is sending one to college with her son!)
Food and Drinks
- Ferrari Carano Chardonnay (delicious)
- Crustless Canadian Bacon & Brie Quiche (fabulous and gluten free)
- Copycat Everybody’s Pizza Panzanella Salad….renamed “Anna’s Salad”
- Easy delicious dinner: Jasmine rice (made in rice cooker) served with Yum Yum sauce and grilled chicken thighs.
- Did you know that your Internist can probably handle your yearly gynecological exam/pap smear and therefore save you the additional doctor visit?
- Did you know that you can put coffee beans under your car seats to get bad smells out of your car…..or you can put them in backpacks, sports duffel bags, etc? Apparently it works like a charm!
- Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets keep mice away and also can be rubbed on thunderstorm phobic dogs to help during storm anxiety.
- Did you know that the frontal lobe of the human brain is not fully developed until around age 25? The frontal lobe apparently affects problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior. Therefore teen and college aged kids’ brains are still developing…..enough said.